We are looking for a Junior Systems Administrator to join our Sysadmin team who are responsible for building, developing and maintaining computer and networking systems for the business. They also provide support to internal users when they experience technical issues with their computer systems and for general enquiries. You will work closely with the various technology teams to supply and build IT systems across different server and desktop platforms. This will allow you to develop knowledge of complex IT systems and services within the fixed and mobile telecommunications industry.
The role will also be involved in companywide projects such as data centre build, software upgrades, laptop and server maintenance, OS installations, documentation and support.
This role would be ideal for anyone wanting a challenging and rewarding role within a young, dynamic and rapidly growing service provider organisation. The opportunity for career development is available to the right candidate.
Comms365 is an innovative Mobile Data and Fixed Line communications company, offering competitive, flexible, solution based propositions in a ‘no jargon’ way. From simple Internet access, through to complex Wide Area Networks, Comms365 is capable of delivering real business benefit and value. Comms365 has full national and international ISP capabilities.
During addressing the purpose of the role, the Systems Administrator will have a wide range of responsibilities, including: –
- To provide support to employees for hardware, software, server systems and other equipment.
- To assist with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, servers, operating systems, databases and networking.
- To become involved in providing mission critical support for large systems such as FreeRadius, Nagios and other monitoring tools.
- Implement company IT security policies.
- To help produce systems documentation as necessary.
- To set up, maintain and organise repairs for various computing equipment.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by management.
- Periodic Out of hours work which include Datacentre and customer site visits.
This role requires at least 1 years experience of Linux operating systems and software, Bash scripting and Vmware ESXi. The successful candidate will require experience of Virtualisation – Configuration, Provisioning and Operational as well as a minimum of 1 years experience of server and server environment monitoring. To read the full job description then please click here for more information.
Please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for an interview along with a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this role.